Today was not an easy day. A lot went wrong.
To calm down, I baked.
This time, another easy recipe:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 25 g (4 1/2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 g (3 1/2 oz) demerara sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 90 g (3 1/2 oz) plain flour
- 20 g (3/4 oz) rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 100 g (4 oz) good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Beat the butter and the sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg.
- Mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder and salt and blend into the dough.
- Chop the chocolate coarsely and mix into the dough together with the lime zest.
- Shape the dough into a roll 5 cm (2 in) thick and roll it up in greaseproof paper or clingfilm. Put the dough in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180¡C/350¡F/gas 4.
- Cut the roll into slices 1 cm (1/2 in) thick and put them on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake the cookies in the centre of the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.Enjoy!